Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

WELCOME!

Well, here it is.  I'm the lady your professional photographer hates.  A soccer mom with little if any training and a nice camera who thinks she can take great pics and wants to make money.  Well, I can honestly say I tried not to be that person.  I started out taking pics of my kids and family members at get-togethers.  With over 30 grandchildren total in the family, it was difficult and expensive to get everyone together for pictures so I became family photographer. I invested in a high end point and shoot, some lights, made a few backdrops and off I went.  Then, here and there friends would ask if I could take photos of them.  Sure, why not? I came to love the art and enrolled in a photography degree program. I finished one semester before my husband enlisted in the navy and we moved across the country.  There went my degree. I find myself now in an amazing city full of photographic opportunities, and I'm trying again.  I've attended a few classes and I feel that I've grown as a photographer and I now have a Dslr that I shoot completely in manual mode.  Impressed? I didn't think so.  So here I am, testing the waters.  I want your true and honest opinions. Constructive criticism an pointers if you have them.  I want to serve the community part time and get quality photographs to those who may not be able to afford high end photographers. So PLEASE give me your opinions and remember these are my family and friends so please no negative remarks on subjects themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through twitter- and I know how nice it is when people take the time to comment, so here I am! :)

    I think you have a great eye for composition and I especially enjoyed the Land and Sea album. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I do appreciate it more than you know. If you're into blogs I also have a pretty cool (if I do say so myself : ) coupon/deals/frugal living blog @ gilessmilesprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you take great pictures :) I know how it is when you follow your military man around the country. You have a real talent for taking pictures. I know I'll enjoy following your blog!

    ReplyDelete