Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The blogging carnage

Whew! This blogging this is hard work! I started this blog as another way to network with like-minded people, share information that I thought was unique, and empty out some of this business going on in my head. It has turned into an obsession. I struggle to get new followers, then to get those followers excited. About what? Deals, photography, crafts anything!!! I know there are passionate people out there that share the love and appreciation of the same things, I just haven't found them. If I have, they are very quietly passionate. My dream is to have people having conversations on my blog, sharing ideas, creating new friendships, synergy and interdependence . Aaah yes wouldn't that be lovely? The thought gives me a zen like feeling. The process through which I have to go to get there however, not nearly as zen. I'm on Facebook, twitter, two blogs, and two social moms bloggy things so far, all which require constant attention and posting. I struggle to find balance, and apparently need to set "office hours" for this unpaid position. My online persona "Frugal Queen" eagerly follows any blog that seems unique or similar, however I feel like I have to shove free stuff in people's faces to get them to pay attention to mine. Like a (metaphoric) comment hoe... I feel like I'm giving myself (writing) away just to get a, "nice post" or " I know what you mean." There are always a few reliable two or three followers (one being my mother, thanks mom :) that comment wherever they may find me, which is great, but as with so many other things in one's life , I'm not satisfied yet. Being the over achiever, I put myself 110% into anything I do, spreading myself thin and sometimes crashing. So whether you love me, or can't help but slow down and strain your neck to see the carnage, welcome! This is me. So I take a few deep breaths, practice my Sun Salutations and move forward one step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog so far! "I know what you mean" seems so cliche now but I feel that I do. All moms feel that they spread themselves too thin but it's just the nature of us do it all mommies. I hope you find the balance you are looking for. I'm still trying to find mine as well. :)

    ReplyDelete