Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Photo editing can save your snapshots.


Remember back a few weeks ago when I told you about my new editing program, where you send me pictures that you've take, and I can professionally edit them for you? Well if you don't, here's the post. Below you will find a picture that my sister sent me to edit, and the results.
This is the original, of mommy (pregnant with twin boys! That I get to photograph in a few weeks!) with her lovely toddler.  It was obviously a bright sunny day, and mommy was very squinty, and the bright light on the belly took away almost all of the color from her skin, as well as making the stretch marks very shiny and uncomfortably visible for the mommy to be. But we couldn't just throw this picture away, look at the love that little girl is showing her brothers! So here is where I came to the rescue. First I turned the image to an almost sepia tone and darkened the highlights that were showing on mommy's baby bump. I then cropped in to the most important part, sisterly love. Lastly I all but removed the stretch marks, so that mommy wouldn't feel so self conscious. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment