Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Chocolate covered Cheesecake strawberries!

EEPS! You know it's almost summer when it's strawberry pickin time in SoCal.  We went this weekend with the kiddos and picked our little hearts out.  And then bought some in their beautiful baskets as well. Long story short we had quite a few strawberries. I have lots of plans for these strawberries. The first is smoothies, the second is jam, the third is snacks, and the fourth is these bad boys. Go ahead lust over them..because guess what?? They were so easy to make my 5 year old could've done it.

First you'll need to over-shop at the strawberry patch. One bucket is never enough.  Strawberries freeze great so go ahead...indulge.

Then you steal your husbands fancy pancy culinary school chef's knife...OOOH AAAHH
Hollow out your strawberries.
I used a straw, my husband was determined a knife was easier...But hey my 5 year old can use a straw!

Next prepare your cream cheese filling.  I had no recipe I just threw this together and it was wonderful (I may have some experience with cream cheese and sugar)
This is where the fun part happens.  Put one lid full of vanilla,  half a block of softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar (I just kinda threw it in there and said...yeah that's about right) into a Ziploc Bag.  Now hand it to your toddler.

Squish until its not lumpy anymore, and twist the bag until all of the filling is in one corner. Cut a tiny corner off one end of the bag.

Now you're ready to fill your strawberries!
 And for the pièce de résistance....  Drizzle your creation with chocolate, and voila!



1 comment: